Sunday, February 10, 2008

We love the beach...in February!

I love Southern California! Where else could you go to the beach in February and swim in the water wearing a swimsuit? And have no crowds to wade through to find a spot. We had such GREAT weather on Saturday--so we decided to head to the beach. The girls have been begging us to go to the beach for months now. When I got Owen out of the car and he saw the ocean, he starting bouncing and laughing, reaching towards the beach. As soon as we got there, the girls dropped their stuff and ran to the water!
Owen was definitely in his element--so much open space to cruise around--actually, he did the gorilla walk all over the rocks and sand (you know, hands and feet, not knees). He was so intrigued by the sand...and eating the sand...He chased his football all over the beach--it was so fun watching him explore this new place (he doesn't remember coming last summer).
The girls had so much fun riding their boogie boards in the thirty-degree water (sure felt like it)! Avery surprised me and didn't take anytime getting use to the ocean (in the past, she wouldn't go in the water until a few weeks into the summer)...they played in the watere until sunset.
Just in case you were wondering, I DID NOT tell Avery to pose like a swimsuit model (Hope this isn't a preview of her future)!


9 comments:

Jules said...

Jealous. Why do I love the East coast so much? WE can NOT do that in February.

Forsythe said...

I am jelous, even though it was nice here today too, nice is 40 degrees. I miss the beach!

queenieweenie said...

How fun! I can totally see Owen crawling around. Looks like fun!

Kim L. said...

HOLY BEAUTIFUL KIDS! Good to hear from you. Isn't the blogging world fun? I love that you can find long lost friends and catch up with them so easily! Now we can spy on your family.\"/ We live in Corona. Where are you guys? Are you going to that skating thing? Hopefully, we'll catch up there. Kim

Sheree said...

I really love California weather, I remember those really nice days in February.

That looks so nice right now!

queenieweenie said...

birthday pictures please!!!

Kari said...

Your kids are the most beautiful things ever!!! You need to have at least 10! I miss you...wish we could hang out.
At least we have blogs to keep up!

Randi said...

Hey Tammi. You are making me so jealous. Those were the good old days. "What? You want to go to the beach today, the day after Christmas? No problem." Your kids are so good looking! I want your email address because I am thinking of coming down to start my photography business and I am looking for willing subjects. randi@brunts.org

Tammi said...

Kim Loudon--we live in San Marcos (north San Diego county). Hopefully going to the OC reunion. Good hearing from ya!

Randi--my email address is tamweenig@gmail.com--let us kno when you come down--love to take pics