Thursday, September 3, 2009

Little Man Drew!

Here he is!
Drew Marcus Weenig
Born August 26, 8:26 pm
8 lbs. 3 oz
20 1/2 inches

We went to the hospital Wednesday morning at 7:00 to be induced (so that Daddy, who travels every week, could attend). But around lunch time, we found out that our little stunt-man had turned himself sideways, which meant that his cord was dangling underneath him and in danger of slipping out before he did...So we were given the option to either have the doc TRY to turn him (again, the cord position made this kinda risky), OR go ahead and schedule a c-section. Well, this being my fourth baby (the rest were normal deliveries), of course I was NOT thrilled at this idea...But I decided I'd rather plan for the c-section and have it all be calm and anticipated than have the doc try to turn him and have it turn into an emergency situation. So here is Daddy, all ready in his bunny suit to watch the birth...he looks like he works for HAZMAT or something.
Walking into the unkown...a little nervous
Marcus watched the whole procedure (eyes bulging, constantly checking my face for a reaction to what the doctors were doing to me). He seemed concerned, intrigued, anxious, and excited...And I just laid there waiting to see that my baby was ok. Once he was ready to get the baby out, Doc couldn't figure out where his head was (he moved AGAIN)...so he quickly grabbed him by the feet and out came Little Houdini! He had managed to flip so much he got his cord tied in a knot (WHEW--so glad we decided not to try to turn him and deliver normally)! It all happened pretty fast, and the surgery was painless thanks to good drugs...but I knew the worst was yet to come...
It was kinda strange seeing my baby for the first time while lying on my back...I had to keep telling Marcus to "hold him up--I can't see him"...

I can already tell our Drew is going to be the life of the party--always keeping us in anticipation of his next move!

Proud Daddy and "Baby No-name"

This little guy is worth all the trouble and even the rough recovery.

Big Brother Owen is the only sibling who got to come see Little Drew in the hospital--the girls got sick with fevers (yea, it's been an interesting week) while at home awaiting his arrival with Grandma (MUCH thanks to my mom for handling everything at home for 4 days!)

Check out those rolls...He was our biggest baby by FAR.

Big Sis. Madie can't be happier that he is HOME!

Avery's so excited to help take care of him.


WE LOVE YOU BABY DREW! WELCOME TO THE WORLD!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much to everyone who has offered their help and for all the yummy meals...we couldn't have survived this crazy time without all the help from our family and friends!

20 comments:

Jenn said...

Those pictures are sooo cute!! I love that last picture of Drew. Can you send me some of your pictures? I can't wait to hear from the girls how school is going!!

Forsythe said...

I am glad everything turned out ok and that you are getting time in your busy schedule to relax and recover. Drew is such a perfect baby I am sure the c-section helped! He looks like Owen who looks like Marcus. Thanks for sharing the pictures of our new cousin.

Fellars Family said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie.

Jessica said...

He is so cute. You look great. And I love his name -- so cute. Hope you are doing well.

Jules said...

He looks so big and ADORABLE!!!!! And you look too stinking good to have just had a baby! Glad that it all turned out okay. Naomi's cord didn't have a knot, but it was twisted and twisted and twisted. The Dr. said he'd never seen one so twisted.

Matt & Brooke said...

You guys just make the CUTEST babies!!! Sorry about the rough week though :( Hopefully it's all up hill from here...he is darling!

Tamara said...

SOO cute!! I can't believe he has so many cousins!!

queenieweenie said...

I LOVE that boy! He is such a cutie (big surprise!)

Marcie said...

Tammi- You are amazing! I have thought this for quite some time, actually. :) Drew is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! Congratulations to your whole family!

Jackie and Bryan said...

He is beautiful, congratulations. Glad everything went well.

Carrie said...

He is SO cute! I hope you are doing well and recovering okay! Let me know if you need anything!

Hazen5 said...

He is adorable and YOU look fabulous! Can't wait to meet him tomorrow when I bring you dinner.

Natalie said...

Congratulations Tammi & family! What super great kids you are raising. Drew is one lucky boy to be loved by so many already!

Krista Hansen said...

I am so glad everything turned out ok. He is so cute, but all your kids are cute. I expected no less! Congrats and take it easy. Love to you all.

heather said...

Congratulations!! Welcome baby Drew. He is adorable. So glad that it all went well even if it was not exaclty the delivery you expected.

LeChem Fam said...

Congratulations you guys he is so cute! Tammi you look so great! Good luck with 4!

Unknown said...

Belated congratulations, Tammi! You and Drew both look great, without traces of having gone through such an ordeal. Give my best to Marcus and the kids.

Kurt Radmall said...

Congrats! We love baby Drew already.

The Brunson Family said...

He is so cute. Can't wait to see him. Let me know if you need a playdate for Owen.

Karyn Parry said...

Wonderful pictures! What great memories they will make. He is darling. I am so happy everything went well for you guys.